Buying a Gun Online
A guide to purchasing firearms online
This section was created to clarify a few details and help better define the process of purchasing a firearm online so you know what to expect when you ‘pull the trigger’ on your next firearm investment.
No matter where you live within the United States, we must ship your firearm to a Federal Firearm Licensed Dealer (FFL Dealer). Don’t forget to check all local and state laws prior to placing any order.
You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a handgun, stockless shotgun, complete AR or AK receiver, or stripped lower receiver.
You must also be a legal resident of the state in which you wish to transfer the firearm (The only exception to this would be active duty military personnel).
Disclaimer: Straw Purchasing is ILLEGAL and Tactical Society in no way condones this act.
A Straw Purchase is the act of purchasing a firearm intended for another person.
Arrange the Transfer with Your Local FFL Dealer
1. Arrange the transfer with an FFL Dealer (You will use this dealer as the shipping address when you place your order).
2. Contact the dealer and let them know you would like them to receive a firearm for transfer from PSA.
3. Provide the FFL dealer with our contact information so they can send a copy of their FFL.
4. Ask about the transfer fee. Usually FFL dealers will charge a small fee in order to take care of the background check and 4473.
Choose a Firearm and complete your purchase
1. Create an account or log in.
2. Add product(s) to cart.
3. Select FFL Dealer as the shipping address.
4. Review and submit order.
Pick up your firearm and complete the transfer
Watch the tracking information that we provide you. Once the order has arrived at the FFL dealer of your choosing, call your FFL for a good pickup time.
In order for the transfer to be approved, your FFL Dealer is required to have you fill out a 4473 and pass a background check through NICS. This is the same form and background check you would complete if you purchased a firearm in any gun store. Once you pass the background check, you are free to take your firearm home!